Friday, October 10, 2014

Fall Color

You can definitely see the seasons changing around here now, even if it doesn't particularly feel like yet. We have had a couple cool days and then warm again. Today was warm but rainy. I waited until late afternoon to hike, but I really needed to get out there because I've missed several days this week. I wasn't in the mood for a lot of dog wrangling, however, so I just took Maya alone. She was fine with that.

We had the woods to ourselves. The weather kept other walkers, runners, and everyone else at home, apparently, but the deer were out in abundance. Maya is a very strong little girl when she spots a deer or two and wants to give chase. I was glad that I wasn't walking Groot as well because he's even stronger. Sparky doesn't particularly care about them, or anything except other dogs.
Small grove of sumac, bright red now



Maya alerting on deer. There's no
slack in the leash or her harness.


They finally reset a bridge that was
washed out in a spring flood.
Dogwood is nearly as red as the sumac.
You really notice the yellow cast on the foliage now and
enough leaves are falling that there's more view through the woods.




We did a little over six miles today.

No comments: