Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday preparations

My Christmas gifts to my family typically arrive late, often after Christmas.  This year, however, I had my shit together.  Gifts were bought, ordered, wrapped, and shipped to all arrive on time.  I made a wreath to send to my aunt, and even it arrived on time.

We don't do a tree or much of any decorations at our house, but I did string up outdoor lights on the kennels and the dog yard fence. With vacation days left to use by the end of the year I actually had time on my hands and I decided to do some cookie making this year for the first time.
Facebook is full of recipes and this is one that
caught my eye.  They are just small peanut butter
cookies in mini muffin pans with a Reese's
peanut butter cup pressed into them.
What's not to like?

And of course, what is a holiday without a couple extra dogs around?  Daphne and Toquima both arrived on Tuesday.  The weather is warm but very wet so we aren't getting out for walks but Toquima, Theo, Trooper, and Commando spent the day in the dog yard anyway.  The warm weather is welcome, but I'd prefer even colder weather without the precipitation.
This is the first time I've ever made my mother's
fudge recipe. It's what I grew up eating so it's
my favorite fudge. Turned out well.





Reese's peanut butter brownie bars, snickerdoodles, snowballs, peanut butter cookies with
Hershey's kisses, peanut butter cup cookies, Special K cookies (my favorite).

Commando and Toquima in the dog yard this morning.

No comments: