Monday, August 22, 2016

A quiet spell

Prince in his new home.
This is the way every dog's life should be.
I haven't posted anything in a few days and I know there are some folks who check the blog daily and may wonder why. The answer really is just that there wasn't much going on. I took Prince to his new home on Friday, but didn't do any dog adoption events over the weekend. I haven't hiked in several weeks due to the heat, rain, and being lazy. We went to the Virginia Craft Beer festival on Saturday afternoon, but didn't do much else all weekend. Usually that bothers me, doing nothing, but this weekend I was ok with it.

Prince went to his new home on Friday and I'm very happy to report that it's going well. He's been good indoors and he loves everyone he meets. He's a solid dog in every sense of the word. I couldn't be happier and I'm sure he feels the same.

His spot wasn't empty for long, however, as Toquima came Sunday afternoon for a three week stay. I think we may have found a new home for Athena, but the application is in the works and I'm not sure when it will happen.

Monday was remarkably cooler and less humid, so Maya and I went out for a hike. It was just four miles but it was enough for the day. After dinner, I took Athena, Max, Theo, and Toquima out to the pasture to run while I did some badly needed mowing.




I found this lovely piece of work strung across
the pathway in my garden one morning after a
rain. It was just about face-height, so I was
grateful that the water droplets made it easy to
see. It didn't look like it had caught anything yet
so I didn't have the heart to take it down. The
spider had obviously put a lot of work into it.
There was a lot of this in bloom out on the
trails today. I don't know what it is.
I took a picture of this same flower
in the exact same spot a year ago.
Someone identified it as Cardinal flower.



Theo and Athena
It's nice to have Toquima back with us again for a few weeks.

Max and Athena
Athena, Toquima, and I think that's Max back behind.
Athena is often seen as a blur.


Theo, Max, and Athena



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that web you found! So happy for Prince:-)