Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Prince Charming


Prince and I had a full afternoon. First we went to meet Berta's cat. The cat greeted us at the door, Prince took one look at her and went to see Berta instead. I pushed him into a couple more nose-to-nose meetings and his usual response was to look away. I suspect he's had a run-in with a cat or two in his past and has developed a proper and healthy respect for them. That's a good thing, a very good thing.
Prince is a perfect gentleman, always
offering his paw.



















A horse with a good temperament and
pleasant countenance is said to have "a
kind eye." I think the expression can be
applied to Prince as well.


















































x
Shepherd ears, but his muzzle does
look like a Dane's in this picture.
I had been told he was a GSD/Dane
mix and that may be true.
The next stop of the day was the vet's office. He needed vaccines, heartworm test, and the basic exam.

I was sweating the heartworm/Lyme/Erlichia test because this guy has always lived outdoors, but he must have been living under a lucky star because everything was negative, even the fecal test.

That's great news, the best possible news really, but to top it off he was wonderful with the vet and all the vet techs and everyone loved him.




















































Our third and final stop for the day before returning home was to meet a potential adopter. Prince once again lived up to his name and title. He was gentle with the cat, preferring to look away whenever they were close. He was gracious with the adopter, offering his paw and then just settling down at our feet as we talked.

I couldn't have asked for anything more from him. He's a solid dog, both physically and mentally. The only thing I'd like to change is his propensity to lift his leg and mark everything he passes. I hope he will get over that quickly.

The visit was a success and I anticipate that he will be going to spend the weekend at least, to see how he gets along.










Prince in the crate in the back of my van on the way home. It was a good day. 








No comments: