Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A Tale of Two Danes

Gigi
I've been wanting to get Athena and Gigi together for a photo session for some time now. Athena will be getting adopted soon so I figured I'd better do it before it was too late. Athena has always been ready and willing, but Gigi, well, that's a different story.
My idea of the two of them posing in the garden
quickly evaporated because Athena never stood
still long enough for a picture.

Gigi is about seven years old now, I think, so she's getting to be a senior Dane. Athena, on the other hand, is only nine months old and still very much a puppy, although she is remarkably well behaved for being a pup. Still, Gigi hasn't had much interest in socializing with her or indulging my desire to have pictures of a well matched pair of Danes posing together.

You can ask Gigi to hold a pose and she will
do so. 

This is as close as I got to a posed picture of
Athena (under the crepe myrtle), and I only
managed this shot after the pasture run.
Although Athena is more than happy to go out and play with Gigi, she isn't much for posing. Gigi knows how to work the camera; Athena just knows how to run. Between taking a lot of pictures and careful cropping, I got a few good ones today.

Once I gave up on the idea of the garden setting, we went
out to the pasture to try some action shots. This is Athena.

Athena running in one direction but looking in
another. This resulted in running into Gigi at one point.




Athena with jowls flapping.


She could strike a pose, but it didn't last long.
Athena is a beautiful girl.
Gigi wasn't in the mood to play.

Athena (left rear) and Gigi (right)


Athena's ears are natural (floppy), but they look cropped
in this picture because she was bouncing around.
I did get some pictures of them playing together, but
Athena was doing most of the playing.







This picture is begging for a caption, but I've got nothing.

No comments: