Friday, September 14, 2018

Felix's Sleepover

Former foster and neighbor dog Felix came to stay with us on Friday. Friday was our Florence day, but all we got was clouds, a nice breeze, and occasional mist or rain. I'm not complaining. Although it was a bit of a let down after all the hype and anticipation of a few days ago, I was quite happy that the storm took a different path. We didn't even need the small amount of rain that we are going to pick up from this, and we certainly didn't need the 10+ inches of rain they had predicted if the storm came our way.

Felix in front, meeting Harvey. That's Coco
behind Harvey. Coco and Felix played very
well together indoors.
The dogs played mostly indoors while I worked and then I took Felix, Maya, and Mercedes for our two mile walk at Pleasant Grove. I was planning a second walk with another group of dogs, but the rain picked up and while I waited it out at home I lost my enthusiasm. Instead, I took Felix, Max, Theo, Mercedes, and Harvey to the pasture for a run and some ball playing. Theo played ball. Max and Mercedes got a ball and just found a spot to lay down and chew on them. Felix and Harvey ran, sometimes with Theo, sometimes with each other. Felix did a lot of pasture exploration, particularly around the brush pile which is probably home for various small creatures.
Harvey makes every dog look small in comparison.

Felix is spending the night, and I'm glad because he's the only dog who will take what was Gigi's spot in the bed and I miss having a dog there.



Felix out on our walk.

Felix foot prints
A roll in wet grass.



Felix, Mercedes, and Maya



After the walk, ready to head home.

Max and Theo
Felix, with a blurry Max in the back



Felix and Harvey







I was surprised the Mercedes even wanted a ball. She didn't
want to run for it, but she enjoyed chewing on it.

Harvey

No comments: