Saturday, September 29, 2018

Mercedes - adopted!

Mercedes was abandoned by her family at 10 years of age when they moved to Texas. She was lucky not to move to Texas, I guess, but mostly she was lucky when a friend of a friend took her in and eventually got her to me. Mercedes is the closest thing I've seen to the perfect dog in terms of behavior and temperament. I couldn't find a single fault with anything she did around here at least. She could have slipped into Vince's role easily and remained here, but she deserved a home where she will get more time and attention.

A nice young couple drove up here today and took her home. Mercedes ran out to greet them when they arrived, wasting no time getting acquainted. She liked them and they liked her, of course. She hopped in their vehicle and left with them happily, ready for a new adventure.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mazel tov to Mercedes and her new family!

Cynthia Maxwell Curtin said...

You do good work! By the way, how close are you to Kents Store, Virginia?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Mercedes. I love all your dogs, but Mercedes was so special considering her age and being dumped. I hope the new owners will send pictures of her now and then. Thank you for helping her find her forever home.

Jamie

Byron's Mom said...

I'm so happy for Mercedes but I will miss seeing her sweet face on your blog!