Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Sparky Eats, Girls Walk

He ate it all and licked the bowl clean.
I don't know if it was the appetite stimulant, or if his pain is subsiding finally, but Sparky ate several times today without too much prompting on my part. He's not back to full rottweiler appetite yet by any means, but he showed an interest in food today that I haven't seen since the surgery. He also seems a bit more sparkly -- a lighter step, a brighter look in his eyes that's nice to see. He just looked like he was feeling better. Older people take longer to recover from things, so it's not surprising that older dogs do too. The Tramadol he came home with is almost gone, but I have more of it and I'm going to keep him on it a few more days until the full bounce in his step is back.

He was feeling better so I was feeling better, and it didn't rain all day, so I took the three girls out for a late afternoon walk. We hit the time when hundreds of soccer moms, dads, and grandparents were converging on Pleasant Grove, which was unfortunate since we walk on the roadway. Fortunately, the three girls are pretty easy to control and keep to the edge of the road or off into the grass, but I think we'll try to go earlier from now on and beat the rush until soccer season is over.

They were all glad to get out again and I was too. We all needed it.

Mercedes and Coco were generally out front.
Maya is directly behind on my left.






Coco, Maya, and Mercedes


Coco is just as sweet and she is cute.
This is Maya's walking position most of the time.


Mercedes pulls a bit when we first start out, but then settles down.


Maya is the best walker. No training,
just practice.

The obligatory group shot.

And again, in the back of the van.


2 comments:

Cynthia Maxwell Curtin said...

That is good news.
Cynthia and the kids here

Byron's Mom said...

I'm so glad Sparky is starting to feel better! That is so great!
Love the shots of the girls- they are quite the little trio:-)