Sunday, December 8, 2019

Chloe and Kaiser

I've got two of the nicest foster shepherds I've had in a long time. Chloe and Kaiser are both available through Promises Animal Rescue.

Chloe is a high energy girl, but her house manners can't be beat. I've been leaving her free in the house rather than crating her and she's been just fine. The worst thing I can say is that it looks like she did some chewing on a cardboard box one night. She's getting along well with everyone, and today she got Maya to engage in a rough and tumble play session. They are about the same size although Maya outweighs her. Even Della looks like she's considering playing with Chloe sometimes.

Today I took Chloe and Kaiser out to Daneland to spend some time together. They are the two youngest and most energetic and active we have around here. It was chilly this morning but the sun was out and it felt good. Both Chloe and Kaiser will chase a ball and Kaiser went after a frisbee today as well. I taught Chloe to jump up onto the platform, which she preferred to do rather than use the ramp. Chloe would be a great agility dog. She's a great size for it, she's fast, agile, and light on her feet. She's also smart enough to think it through.

Kaiser and Chloe got along very well and I think I'll try to put them out together this coming week at least when the weather is decent. I puttered around outside for much of the morning, got a heater in one of the tanks set up the power cords that I'll need for the winter.

Maya and Chloe playing indoors this morning.

Kaiser is carrying a bone he found in the yard.
Later I saw him bury it.




Chloe was happy to get into an outdoor space today.

Kaiser with bone

Chloe likes to play ball too.


It didn't take much to teach Chloe to jump up onto the
platform today. She is very agile.


1 comment:

Debra said...

OMG - I love them both. I just lost Izzey, my 12-year old Shepherd and soon to be looking again for another GSD(s) I inquired about Kaiser and cats but I heard he's probably not very liking of them. How is Chloe with cats? I have on 13 year old cat that just loved Izzey and vice-versa. Love your blog and what you do. Glad I stumbled upon this,