Friday, December 20, 2019

Nothing remarkable

We've been pretty busy around here lately, but don't have a lot of pictures to show for it. There are some nice ones from the last couple days, however, that I want to post and share before I lose them.

I took Maya and Della out for a five mile hike Friday afternoon. That's the longest we've walked in quite a while. It felt good, but we are all tired this evening. Well, I'm tired and the girls are at least satisfied. It was a chilly afternoon, but the sun was shining and the wind was not blowing. That's ideal hiking conditions for me, especially because we had the trails pretty much to ourselves. Nothing remarkable, but I did happen to get what I think is one of the best pictures of Maya that I've ever taken. (First photo)



























I've been taking Max and Theo out to the pasture most days for a good run and some ball playing. I was riding the mower and Theo would bring me his big red jolly ball with the rope through it. I'd fling it and he'd run after it. On one occasion, however, Max got to it first and sank his teeth into the soft red rubber ball. Theo grabbed the rope and a game of tug ensued, and carried on for quite a while.

That's not really remarkable, it's just normal dog play behavior. But, one of the dogs was Max. Max engaged in normal dog play behavior is actually quite remarkable and I was very glad to see it.












Chloe and Kami are doing great. I haven't really been pushing either of them for adoption just yet for a few reasons. Many people are too busy right now to consider taking on a new dog. Kami needs to learn house manners and both she and Chloe need to learn dog-on-dog manners and behavior. They are great together and I think the combination of the two is helping both of them. They have been getting along very well with all the other dogs around here. They play with each other very well and sometimes Maya joins in. I think both girls are highly adoptable. They've been great around here both indoors in the evenings and night and outside during the day.
Kami has taken very well to living indoors.
She seems very happy. 


Never leave your keys in the car when you
have a female shepherd around.






No comments: