Saturday, December 14, 2019

Bright news on a gloomy day

Saturday sure started out dark and gloomy. Della got me up before 6:00 a.m. wanting to go outside. I don't know what she doing out there in the cold drizzle, but she took her time before coming back to the door. By that time I was up so I started making biscuits and gravy so we would at least start the day off with a full stomach.

As I'm writing this, it appears that the rain is over, the clouds are breaking up, and the sun is trying to make an appearance. That certainly brightens my mood, but the best thing that will probably happen this weekend actually happened on Friday, and that was Kaiser's adoption.

I took him to the new home that we had met a few days before. The other dog in the home, Grover, was happy to see Kaiser and the two boys took to playing right away. I didn't get a lot of pictures because the dogs were playing and everything was one big blur. Friday was a rainy day as well, but I had an email Friday evening saying that the two dogs had tired themselves out playing indoors all afternoon.

I'm very happy for Kaiser and happy that he got adopted to such a great home. I'm happy it happened yesterday too, because I got a phone call a while ago that will likely result in Kaiser's foster spot being filled in our home later this afternoon by another German Shepherd Dog.





No comments: