Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Life Goals

Front to back: Serena, Theo, Della, Mo-Dean, Rorschach
The last couple days have been rainy and muddy. I don't love that. It didn't rain for much of today, however, and it was surprisingly warm. We had Mo-Dean (formerly Allagash) and Rorschach (formerly Galaxy) for the day. I kept everyone indoors because of the mud but late this morning I took five dogs out to the pasture to run off some energy without getting too wet and muddy.

It was the four Danes (Della, Serena, Mo-Dean, and Rorschach), plus Theo as the token shepherd. I didn't take Kaiser because he needed to stay clean and dry.

Mo-Dean running to his mother. Serena grazing
in the background (probably eating deer poop).
It wasn't a pretty day by any means, but like I said, it was surprisingly warm so I jumped on the mower to run around the pasture with the dogs. They loved it. And seeing them having so much fun made me realize, this is all I ever wanted. Maybe my life goals were set too low, but I'm over 60 now so it's time I was meeting some goals and enjoying them.

I'm sure I've made a lot of bad choices personally, professionally, and financially over the years, but my life goals have never been based on typical standards for success.

I've got a good husband, good health, a decent job, a home with an affordable mortgage, a pack of great dogs, room for them to run, and the opportunity to help other dogs find their homes. Maybe it's not much, but on the other hand, it's everything.



Della enjoyed playing with her pup and he's grown up enough
that she was cool with letting the others play with him too.


Della's pups, including Mo-Dean, are about six months old.
Rorschach is about a year old this month.












The reason I wanted Kaiser to stay relatively clean and dry is that he had a meeting this afternoon with prospective adopters.

It's a great home and they loved him and want to adopt him. We will make that happen on Friday.





3 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

I think you life goals are perfect:-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a much-needed dose of perspective.

Anonymous said...

When I grow up, I want to be just like you :)

Jamie