Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Tank gets a new home for Christmas

The title of this post puts the best possible spin on what actually happened. The real story isn't quite so warm and fuzzy. Tank got dumped on Christmas eve. I picked him up from Green Dogs in the evening. His "new home" is a new foster home, with us. He'll be neutered at long last and we'll work on finding him a home.

First impression is that he seems like a nice boy. He's a big (120 pounds), blue, intact male. But he's fine with people, lived with kids, showed little interest in a cat, and seems fine with other dogs. He rode home in the van in the crate next to Maya. I hate nighttime dog introductions so we are putting that off until tomorrow at least. He's up in the big Dane crate in the office tonight and we are all going to bed. He'll probably ride along with us tomorrow for Christmas and then we'll work on getting him integrated into the pack later in the day or on Thursday.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Last Saturday, out of nowhere, our dog King, a large blue male (neutered) dane, was crippled by wobblers. On Friday he had been running around the back yard with our half dane Balor and by Saturday morning he was in such bad shape we had to make the saddest choice and have him put to sleep.

My friend Bob Hughes saw my post on facebook and directed me to your blog.

I'd really like to talk to you about adopting a dog. Bob told me he got his rescue from you and if Bob says you are trustworthy that's good enough for me.

I could not find any contact information on this blog so I'm hoping you will contact me at revdrbuck@gmail.com.

Thanks for taking the time to read my response.

Buck

Risa said...

My vocabulary is fairly extensive, but even I don't have enough bad words for people who dump their dog on Christmas. I hope that they don't have children.