Monday, December 23, 2019

Chloe and Kami

I'm a bit overdue for making a post about my two fosters, Chloe and Kami. Both are young, spayed, female German Shepherd Dogs.

Chloe is the most trained of the two. She has always lived in a home and had great care. She grew up with a child in her home. She will use a crate but she doesn't need one. I have left her loose in our house since the very first day with absolutely zero problems. I wouldn't do that with some of my own dogs.

Kami (white shepherd) came from a rural area and didn't always have the best of care. She was kept outside, but she has adapted to life indoors very well, learning a lot from Chloe. She will crate without problem and in fact she sees the crate as a safe place and often runs in there when she's not sure what to do. Kami seems to know that she doesn't know a lot and she watches and learns from Chloe. She would do very well with another dog in the home who would be willing to show her the ropes, and also to play.

I'm taking Chloe to meet a former adopter on Friday. Fingers and paws crossed.

























No comments: