Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Thanksgiving, 2019

Reka in her favorite chair.
I got back home Saturday evening. We travel Tuesday and Saturday to avoid the two busiest travel days of the year. It takes a while to get back into the swing of things. I put work first, out of necessity, and let the blogging slide for a couple of days until I'm ready again.
Reka is a little suspicious of strange men at
first but it didn't last for long.

Not much new on the dog front here at home. Everyone is fine. Trooper is on a new NSAID that seems to be helping his mobility. Everyone is bored with the wet weather and happy to see the sun today. Here are some pics from my trip to Kentucky for Thanksgiving, mostly featuring the dogs of course.



Reka is a shepherd mix adopted as a puppy
from Promises Animal Rescue.

This is Bebe, the senior dog in the household.

Reka is on leash-only restriction because of
an injury to her back leg. It's healing, but it
takes a while.

Deborah is a family friend who spends the holiday
with us. The small dog on the left is Cache. That's
Deborah's dog Pixel in the middle, and Reka on right.

Pixel, Reka, and Cache in the kitchen.

Reka out for a walk.

Cache sits on the back of Reka's chair.

Reka and Pixel keeping watch out the front window.

This is my mother, Shirley, on the left. Clay's mother, Berta,
on the right. Bebe and Cache between them, Pixel on the
foot rest in front.


My sister Paula with Bebe.


My mother with Cache and Bebe.
Deborah with her lap dog, Pixel.


My sister Paula and her husband, Pat, holding Pixel.

This is not a good picture of her, but this is
my sister Kate's partner, Kim, with Pixel and Reka.


I didn't get any pictures of my sister Kate with a dog, but here she is
between Deborah and Paula as we raise a toast to Chimay, drinking her beer.
Clay sent me this picture while I was away. Serena and Della on their
shared bed and Maya in my spot.

Maya snuggling with me after I got home Saturday evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Thank you for sharing. Looks like Maya missed her Daddy.


Jamie

Byron's Mom said...

Good to know you are surrounded by pups even when you have to leave your pack! Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing. Where was your mother’s little dog?

Brent said...

My mother's pug, Jake, was boarded with her vet in Kansas. We were all in Kentucky.