Saturday, December 28, 2019

Friday Road Trip with Chloe

Friday was my last vacation day of the year. I took Chloe on a road trip to northern Virginia and returned with a signed adoption contract in place of the dog.

The adopter is a former adopter and I always love that. In July, 2012 he had adopted Dixie from me. The great thing about former adopters is that they have a track record with one of my dogs. I trusted them once, they proved themselves by giving the dog a good home, and I have no reason not to trust them again. The dogs are different, of course, and anything can happen, but I have good reason to believe that they can do it again.

Chloe rode in the crate in my van without making a sound. She was very excited when we arrived and spent a lot of time investigating the new house and yard. There's another dog in the home, a senior female shepherd named Sheba, and the dogs seemed to get along. They will have things to work out, of course, but Sheba lived with Dixie until her death recently and Chloe has lived with eight other dogs around here for the past month or so.

It's a great home so I really hope that it works out as well for Chloe as it did for Dixie.









1 comment:

Risa said...

That's a great way to start a new year. Happy Chloe, happy family.