Friday, April 10, 2020

A nature hike with Della

I didn't feel like wrangling two dogs today. I just took Della by herself and we had a nice walk at a pretty easy pace, stopping frequently to take pictures of everything we saw that was flowering. Well, not everything, but one or two of everything. We made up for the slow pace by extending the hike to five miles, longer than I've been going lately.

It was a windy and chilly day so my original plan of hitting the garden center for more plants has been delayed to Saturday. I didn't even want to mow because I think I would have needed a coat, hat, and gloves. The walk was nice and the cooler weather seems to have kept most people at home.

Della is quite nice on a solo walk and I believe the girl is learning to pose for the camera. She does not seem interested in learning my "left" and "right" verbal commands like Maya, but it may just be because Della just does what she wants. It's not difficult to get her to accept my decision on which way to go, but she prefers to make her own decision first and wait to see if I go along with her.

There's a lot of color in the woods right now. It's a very pretty time of year.











































No comments: