Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Therapy Walk

Bad day, even worse mood, mostly work-related. I took most of the dogs out to the pasture to romp while I mowed for a while. That was nice, but the only thing that could fix my mood was a walk and I certainly wasn't in the mood for a dog who was going to make that difficult. Since the others had pasture time, I didn't even feel bad about passing over all the others and taking Maya out alone.

Maya and I have been walking the trails at Pleasant Grove together for seven years now. Maya knows them as well as I do and we've adapted to each other well enough that we have a pretty compatible walking style. I let her stop to smell the important spots for a reasonable amount of time, she pees on them, and we move on. She gave me what I needed, and although we only did two miles, it was enough to fix my attitude at least for a little while.









No comments: