Sunday, April 26, 2020

Romeo moves indoors

Romeo had been camping out in the Daneland since he arrived. He was fine out there during the day and I'd close him in the Puppy Palace at night. He's been protesting a bit during the day, however, wanting my attention.

Today he moved inside. He can do the stairs with no problem, both up and down. He has now met all the dogs. They all knew each other pretty well already, but this was the first nose-to-nose meeting with the Danes, Trooper, and Max. No problems. He lifted his leg one time, in one place, the same place that virtually every new male dog marks in our house. It's like signing the guest registry. His big, hairy paws carried in more than their share of mud and water on this rainy day.

He's really gotten bonded with me now. I can take him outside off leash and he sticks close, I can touch him, he touches me. I gave him a new collar and tags today. Now it's time to start meeting people.





Meeting Maya

Meeting Trooper
Meeting Della



The horse chestnut is in bloom.

That face says it all.


1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

What a happy guy! Thrilled to his smiling face!