Friday, June 10, 2022

Almost summer glory

Today was just a gorgeous day. It was so nice I let the puppies stay outside all day. I couldn't bring myself to put them back into the shed on such a beautiful day. Their nap times may have suffered, but they had lots of Kilo time and four big meals.

They are proving themselves to be huskies every day. Today three of them escaped from Daneland. They pushed at some fencing until they made their way through it. It's a husky thing. When I went outside with Della and Kilo, we found three of them on the wrong side of the Daneland fence, but still right next to it, not wanting to get far away from their siblings. I fixed it, but I'm not fooling myself into believing that they won't do it again. Anyone who has ever had a husky will tell you that they are escape artists. Pinot was among the three adventurers this afternoon and I'd be willing to bet that she was the first one through the gap.

I left Kilo out with them after that to puppy sit. I was pretty certain that they wouldn't go anywhere if he was around. 

While Kilo was playing big brother, Della and I went for another two mile hike as we had done yesterday. It was probably my nicest walk with Della to date. She didn't pull at all, she didn't even try to lead really. She walked nicely by my side the whole way. A guy driving by slowed down as he passed and complimented my well-trained pony. The mellow nature of the walk was even more amazing given the fact that we saw three rabbits right near the road, in the mowed area before the tall grass. Perhaps Della's reputation hasn't reached the Pleasant Grove bunny population. She looked at them and then looked at me with a WTF expression on her face. I told Della that they were park bunnies and they didn't count. When we got home she chased one out of our front yard, probably with a warning to tell the others.

Merlot and Riesling having an afternoon nap.

Kilo's lesson of the day was in digging.
The pups were quick learners. Adopters can thank me now or later.


What? They have to learn it somewhere. Better here than on the streets.




Merlot, with a freshly dug root. Proud puppy.

Chardonnay walking with Kilo.

Chablis loves to lay under the bed.

Kilo on the inside, Della on the outside. 


These two were just too cute.




The puppies, and I, are very lucky to have Kilo.

Encountering the escaped puppies.








No comments: