Saturday, June 4, 2022

Puppies and more

 


Della is beginning to play with Kilo a bit. He's fast enough to run with, 
but he can't do the aerial play that Danes enjoy. This evening she was barking at
Kilo when he was in with the puppies. I finally realized it was because she wanted
him to come out and run with her instead.

Max in the tall pasture grass.

I did some tree trimming today, which meant several trips
down to the brush pile where I dispose of everything. 

I stopped Max's medication a while back and he had been doing pretty well,
but I've noticed he has gone back to chasing his tail and can't seem to remember his 
stick most of the time. I started him back on the meds this evening.


The grass is taller than Kilo and he sort of bunny hops through it.


Della and I made a trip to Tractor Supply this evening because we were out of puppy food.

Kilo spent time with the puppies after each meal today,
 but they didn't leave him anything to clean up.

That step has been around since Della's puppies almost three years ago.
It has been a popular play thing for several litters of puppies now.

Kilo found a puppy toy and showed them how to play with it.

He also showed them that he could take it from them any time he wanted,
but the reverse was not true. I'm so glad he's working with these pups because
these are lessons they should have been learning from their mother.

And here's a few garden pictures:




Here's the thing about Huskies. They don't reach up to get stuff, 
they just jump up onto anything to get a closer look.
Kilo is not intended to be a part of this garden arrangement
but he inserted himself.

He looks better in front of it anyway.

The flamingo garden at night is very pretty. The cannas are beginning to bloom.

Maya spent some time outside with us while I was doing yard work today.
She enjoyed it for a while but would really prefer that I be at my desk in the office.


No comments: