Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Vaccinations, ears, worming, and weights

Erika and Jamie came over today and gave the puppies and Kilo another round of parvo/distemper vaccines. That all went very smoothly. 

Ear report:  Merlot had gone from one ear up or maybe one and a half, back to both ears down. However, today he was back to one ear up. The real surprise though is that Pinot had one ear up today. Hers had never shown any inclination to stand, but today one of them did, raising the expectation that they both will at some point.

On Monday I completed three days of de-worming the pups with Panacure. Since then the stool quality has shown some improvement, and I've seen dead worms in the poop. I'm going to follow up with another dose of Strongid next week because I don't think they are all gone yet. Also, I realized that I had not treated Kilo with Panacure and he surely needs it since he came out of the same filthy living environment.

The pups are really devouring their food now. I only got in three feedings yesterday, but will do four today. I didn't weigh them yesterday because it's so hard to keep them still on the scale, even in a box, bucket, or trash can. I've also decided I'm not going to focus on day-to-day weight fluctuations, so I'll go to every other day just to make sure they are growing. But it's becoming obvious just from picking them up that they are putting on weight. Today Erika brought over a tiny crate that I hope will make it easier.

I have two feeding dishes, but if they all want to eat from the same one
it may be time to move to the larger size.

Kilo is extremely treat motivated. 

He will sit and down and never take his eyes off the treat.

Eventually a couple of them will break off and move to the second
food dish. They clean up both of them completely now.

Pinot with her left ear up.

Pinot and Merlot

Della came in again today, briefly, but back out almost immediately.

I'm quite certain that Della would protect them from any external threat,
but she'd prefer to do so from outside as she is here.


Muscato

The puppies look at Kilo the way Kilo looks at treats.



It's only a matter of time until the pups climb into the water tank.
If Kilo likes it, and he does, they will try it.





Kilo and Riesling

Riesling resting on the bench.

As of 6/8/2022



This afternoon's rainbow over Daneland




No comments: