Friday, June 24, 2022

The problem with Paisley

Paisley and Kilo came to Green Dogs on the same day. I picked up Paisley and another foster took Kilo. A few weeks later we swapped because Kilo wasn't house trained and didn't like being crated. A week or so later I got Paisley back because she didn't get along with a dog in the home. So now I've had them both for several weeks.

Paisley is scared of her own shadow, has never warmed up to Clay, and is still skittish around me. Unexpected noises and sudden movements send her scurrying. She has adopted a crate in the kitchen as her safe spot, however, and she goes in it when I ask, or when she's scared. 

Paisley is a weird one, for sure. But she has gotten better with me over the past few weeks and will now come up to me and let me pet her. I've been keeping her strictly indoors because the last time I had her out in Daneland she decided she preferred outdoor living and refused to come back indoors. One thing that has become very clear about Paisley, however, is that she prefers women. 

Once a week a woman comes to our house to spend a few hours cleaning so that we can maintain basic sanitation standards. She adopted another skittish dog from us a few years ago and that one is now very comfortably settled into her home. She likes the shy, freaky ones, and has made an effort with Paisley every time she comes. Today Paisley shadowed her the entire time she was here, following her from room to room. She gave her kisses. I have no doubt that Paisley would have willingly left with her and never looked back.

Now I'd love it if this woman wanted another dog, but she already has two and doesn't really want a third. But it's obvious that Paisley needs to go to a home with another woman, and preferably no man, or at least one who is prepared to make an effort to win her trust.











2 comments:

Janet Keicher said...

What a lovely girl! I pray she finds that perfect someone to love her forever! 🥰

Anonymous said...

I've always <3 Paisley. (Deep sigh) I have a man though aka a husband 😁