Wednesday, June 21, 2023

A wet and sucky Solstice

It felt like the longest day of the year for sure. Between work and rain I hardly ever got my butt out of my chair and away from the computer. The dogs stink and consequently my house does too. I had them out as little as possible, but they still wanted to eat and they still needed to poop and pee. And some of them were rather indifferent to the rain and had to coaxed to come inside. Not the best of days but my grass was all cut ahead of this rain and it should make my flowers really take off, assuming the sun ever shines again.

The good news is that the puppy weights were up again today, momma dog is eating and drinking well, still enjoying the cottage cheese along with dry puppy food and water laced with chicken stock.

The dogs are probably as bored as I am, but here's a few pictures of them passing the day indoors and having dinner.

Kirtley's disappointed look pretty much sums up the day.

Elvis is happy to sleep the day away and Paisley doesn't really mind getting wet.

Maya knows it's just one of those days and it will pass.

Della probably got the least amount of water on her of anyone all day.
She doesn't like getting wet and she goes out only when really necessary.

Cosmo is good indoors but he would wander around the yard in the rain.
He has so much fur that the dog underneath never really gets wet.

Daisy dancing at the door.

And doing a nice sit when I asked.




I took the dogs out two or three at a time for feeding. We have seven here in the house currently, plus the momma dog and three pups. Eating locations were varied a bit from the norm, but no one was too bothered by that.



If the door to the food locker is open, Della will stick her head into her food bin and help herself.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a Bernese! Love reading your blog. I’m over in Waynesboro. Your dogs are blessed to have you. ❤️