Saturday, June 3, 2023

Gardening with Danes

The dogs let us sleep until after 6:00 a.m. this morning, but I still got up and got them outside so Clay could sleep a while longer. It was a beautiful morning but you could tell it was going to be hot later on, and it was. I did a little weeding and such, but also did something I rarely do outside - I just sat and enjoyed it. Generally speaking, the enjoyment of a garden for me is the active part, I rarely just sit and enjoy but today I did, at least for a while. 

The dogs were happy to do the same. Paisley laid right next to me. Della and Maze wandered back and forth but finally settled down. I sent Maya back inside when it began to get too warm. I put Daisy out in Daneland because it was nice and shady and cool there. Elvis was off doing his hunting thing but he showed up occasionally.

I'm beginning to figure out how to get Maze to eat. She has to be isolated from the other dogs, but not left completely alone. She wants me to watch her eat, or at least be there so she can see that she's not missing out on something fun and important. For the morning feeding I put the other dogs back in the house, Maze and I were in the dog yard and she ate while I was doing something in the shed. For the second feeding I put the other dogs in the dog yard and Maze ate in the garden while I sat and watched. Della has figured out that Maze is getting canned food as well as dry and she wants it. Della jumped out of the dog yard and joined us about the time that Maze had finished. 





Maya is in big bushy tail mode as Maze was trying to engage her in play.

She didn't have much luck with Maya so she tried with Elvis too.

Also no luck.


I found a stick and threw it for her and she quite enjoyed that.




I'm going to mulch all this area but needed to get the weeds out of it first.



Elvis, Della, and Maze

Maze eating as I watched.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the sitting and enjoying part is what we need.