Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Fourth birthday of the 12 pack

Today is the 4th birthday for Della's 12 pack. I solicited and/or stole recent pictures to share with everyone here.

Here's Killian all decked out for the occasion. 

Abita, with her head through the open sun roof of her car.

Astro Elwood Guinness, in all his glory.

Augie (formerly Paulaner), with a Pride collar. 
Thanks for your support, Augie.

Tall, dark, and handsome beast, Bodhi (formerly Modelo)

Our neighbor, Duvel.

Della's first born (because she pushed her way to the front, I'm sure),
Mazikeen, or Maze (formerly Chimay).

Modean, from his stay here earlier in the spring.

Poppy (formerly Peroni)

Stella

Woody (formerly Carlsberg)
I love this picture and would love to know how it was done.

Last but certainly not least, is Emmy Lou (formerly Sierra).
She was the biggest of the pack in the beginning, even larger than the boys for a while.
I'm not sure of her current size, but she's a large and stately dog. 

I can't very well post about Della's pups without posting pictures of the mother of them all. Here are some pictures from the first few days following birth on June 13, 2019.





These kids in Georgia, from a family of former adopters, raised and donated money
that I used to purchase a window unit air conditioner to keep the puppies comfortable
once they moved into the Puppy Palace.





My current mystery momma dog is doing well with her three, four day old puppies. She's eating very well and she's using the pads I have laid out in the puppy shed for her own poop and pee, for which I'm very grateful. I wanted a tag on her so I gave her the new collar that I had bought from a leather crafter at the Pride market we attended last Sunday at Decipher. I can't say that we are best friends yet, but she doesn't distrust me at least and I think it will get better each time I show up with a bowl of food for her.




No comments: