Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Yard dogs

This evening I let the two foster boys, Kirtley and Sherlock, out to run around the yard with our four dogs: Maya, Della, Elvis, and Paisley. I walked around all the garden areas and did a little trimming and dead heading, and pulled a few weeds. Everyone had a good time. 

It was Sherlock's first real opportunity to interact and play with our guys. I think he realized that his foster brother Kirtley is his best bet for a playmate. Sherlock took advantage of the opportunity to explore places he had never been, but he stuck around and made no attempt to get out either over the fence or through the gate. He wanted to stay with his buddy, Kirtley, and the rest of us too. Paisley likes to run up behind other dogs and nip at them, sometimes playfully, sometimes more seriously. Sherlock was more than ready to reciprocate that action but Paisley didn't really want to take him on. I hope she'll learn to back off and ease up a bit more but I was glad that Sherlock showed her that two could play that game and that turnabout is fair play.


Elvis having a drink from one of my fountains.


That's columbine growing around the begonia. The color and shape of its leaves make a nice contrast to the darker and heavier begonia leaves.

Paisley

Elvis

Sherlock would come to me when I called him and gave me a touch.

Sherlock meets Della.



Della tolerated him, but she was not about to play with him.

He soon moved on to other business.




Kirtley has a winning smile.












1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

From the flowers to the pups, all these photos made me smile!