Sunday, June 11, 2023

Wiped out

The only thing keeping me up past dark tonight is writing this brief blog post. I worked outside both Saturday and Sunday, more than I have so far this year, and it was hot. I worked slowly, as if there was any other option, but I kept at it and I feel like I got a lot of things accomplished. But I don't really have much photographic evidence to prove it. I have several projects in the works and I did a lot of just usual summer time yard stuff that always needs to be done. 

As usual, I have a lot of dog pictures. 

Kirtley update:  He was good in the crate downstairs last night. I gave him a healthy dose of trazadone but he quieted down as soon as we turned the lights off and went upstairs. He was good in the crate all night. He's also been good in the house. He does quite a bit of marking outside, but not indoors. Yesterday I had kept him confined to the dog yard with Maze while I was working outside but today I just had him out in the yard with me and the other dogs. He has no interest in running off. He is, in fact, very in-your-face and under foot most of the time. He wants to be in on whatever is happening. His house manners seem good. He hasn't taken anything or chewed anything, and he settled down behind my chair when I was sitting at the computer. If he's ever gotten tired, I haven't seen any sign of it. He is always ready to go.




Maze in repose

Paisley

Paisley and plants

Kirtley

Elvis having a roll. He's even tired tonight.

This piece of carved granite will be a new fountain when I'm done with it.

This is another project that's underway. I spent a lot of time cutting and 
moving old telephone poles to form an enclosure that will be filled with gravel.
It will be a work area and a place to catch and store stuff rather than have 
it all in the center of the driveway. 

Della 


Elvis and Kirtley

I don't think I've ever had three predominantly white dogs.




Paisley and Elvis




I was planting in the flamingo garden when I looked through the bushes and saw Della and Maze engaged in play again. It was hot day play, not as active as early morning.

Della had to get up and explain to Kirtley that it was a Dane-only game.
Della can be quite elitist. 

Kirtley tried to play with Elvis instead.

That's it for me for tonight. It's almost dark anyway. I'm off to shower and then to bed.

No comments: