Friday, June 2, 2023

Respite care

They aren't exactly fosters, although both are former fosters. We are keeping Daisy again temporarily while her owner recovers from an illness and we have Maze for a while until her's recovers from surgery. 

Daisy has been here before and she's an easy keeper. The only thing objectionable about Daisy really is that she barks, a lot, at other dogs mostly, and at nothing at all while driving. She's just a very vocal rottweiler. That's unusual for rotties, they are typically the strong, silent types, but not Daisy; she has a lot to say and makes sure that she is heard.

Maze is much quieter. She's been easy too, except that she doesn't want to eat. (That has never been a problem with Daisy.) Maze is just too excited at meal times and wants to see what all the other dogs are doing. But, if I put her by herself she doesn't eat because she wants to be out with the other dogs. I picked up both dogs Thursday afternoon I guess. Maze finally ate at least the canned food that I gave her Friday evening. Oh, for those that don't recognize her or remember, Maze was formerly known as Chimay. She was the first born of Della's 12 pack. She will soon be four years old.

I haven't gotten back to hiking yet, but I've been working outside in the early mornings and late evenings. I finally decided that the dogs are doing me a favor by getting me up before 6:00 a.m. because that's really the only time it's decent to be outdoors. I got in three hours of outdoor time this morning before starting work at 9:00. I think this may become the pattern for the summer. Della and Maya still want to come back inside after their early breakfast for morning nap time. But I've decided that if they can get me up that early, I can keep them up and outside with me for a while. 

Maya

Paisley

Elvis

Della

Daisy

Maze, with Maya and Della

Maze doing the submissive puppy act for Della

Della has been sizing her up but hasn't yet deemed her to be worthy of play.
I hope they will get there soon.

The corner garden, mostly hostas with splashes of color.

The shade garden is beginning to take off now too.


Maze checking out the plants in the shade garden.


The long line I keep on Paisley is not because I'm concerned about her running off,
it's so I can get her back in the house when I want her.

Paisley has ran with Maze more than anyone else so far.

The pyramid garden. I got all my fountains and water features working!


Maze, Maya, and Paisley

If I don't let him out to the pasture so he can hunt,
 Elvis will eventually come around to tell me wants to go out there.

Della and daughter



No comments: