Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Garden of the dogs

Some things I plant each year are the same, but what's fun is developing new spaces and new uses for existing ones. The area where I've been feeding Maze was my first container garden spot when I started, however many years ago. The boxwoods got so big that they sort of pushed it out. And then I cut them back so severely they haven't been very attractive. I've moved most of the containers elsewhere in recent years, but the boxwoods are looking better again and I've moved some "extra" pots and planters back into that original area. I've been feeding Maze there and I have a chair set up for me to sit in as she eats and just to enjoy being outside. It will soon be unbearably hot and humid except for the very early morning hours, so I'm trying to take advantage of it while I can. I still have some weed cleanup to do and then my plan is to mulch it I think. Mulch looks good when it's fresh and will make a nice contrasting background for the flowers. I need to finish the stone walkway between the boxwoods this spring, and I have a new fountain coming for that space too, as a memorial for my sister.

Elvis patiently waiting for Maze to finish or at least walk away from her bowl.





Della cleans up.




If I don't see Paisley it's because she's right behind me.


I may call this the dog garden. It's made a nice hang out spot.

He's cute.


No comments: