Friday, June 23, 2023

Chester and Duvel

The deluge may finally be coming to an end. There's still a little rain in the forecast but it's spotty now, not the massive downpours we've been having. I'm not sure what the total is, but my wheel barrel was almost full and I've emptied full dog dishes more than once. My pond is far outside its intended boundaries; I'll have to make sure the floating plants return to the pond when the water begins to subside. The sun actually broke through the clouds on a couple of occasions this afternoon, enough to really make things hot and humid. Welcome to summer in the south. 

I have the pleasure of dog sitting former fosters Chester and Duvel for less than 48 hours. They live down the street and I just pop down there occasionally to feed them and let them outside. They are such good boys. Duvel was very lucky to have Chester (lab mix) as a big brother as he was growing up because Chester is a sweet, even tempered dog and he raised Duvel to be a giant sized dog with the temperament of a lab. 

Here are some pictures of our dogs, the neighbors' dogs, and a few plant pictures too.


Both boys have window viewing spots that work best for their size.

There are a lot of toys in the neighbors' house that would be a big pile of stuffing in our house.


Duvel is probably smelling his mother Della on my pants.

Chester has a sweet face.





You can have a lot of color in a shade garden without a lot of blooms.




Paisley always moves in and shares this bed in my office with Elvis.

He doesn't seem to mind it and even uses her to his advantage.

This orange tuberous begonia is full of blooms right now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your plants are beautiful and so are all the dogs.