Friday, April 22, 2022

Della and Tilly hike

I took Della and Tilly together today for a three mile hike. It was the first time I've walked both of them together. They can be a bit much of they both decide to act up at the same time. They did so once today when we saw another dog, but the other dog was leashed and the owners got off the trail for us to pass, which we did. I managed to maintain control, although not with a lot of grace. If I had a gentle leader on one or both of them it would have been easy. I should make them wear them just for this sort of encounter, although I think I may just start carrying a can of citronella spray as well. It would be useful for any off leash dogs who run up on us, but today I would have used it on Della and Tilly to stop their barking and pulling when we saw the other dog. 

That was our only encounter and aside from that it was a very pleasant walk. 









Remember the Mayapple pictures I posted a couple weeks ago?
There is one in bloom. The white flower is below the leaves.
I still expect to see Smurfs living under them.



You can see the greening is in full force. The leaves are out on the deciduous 
trees but they are not yet full size. The forest canopy will be out in full in about 
another week, but there will be a few new holes in it this years due to all the
trees that broke and/or fell over in the January snow storm.



The two girls walked really well together. Sometimes both were
out front, sometimes just Tilly, sometimes they were both behind me.



I've started all my recent hikes from behind the library because it's very convenient. 
It's probably time to move to a new starting spot for a while.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Is Della bonding with Tilly? I hope she does bond with another dog soon. Her friendship with Serena was sweet.