Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Vger plays ball

Vger is settling in around here. He finally ate this morning and although he's not yet ready to play with the other dogs, he seems to be getting used to them. I think he likes Maya and I can have the two of them together. I don't trust him with the others yet. 

I'll get him out for a hike tomorrow, but this evening I took him to the pasture, with just Maya, to play ball. The former owner had told me that he was ball crazy and she didn't lie. She didn't even say the word in the dog's presence, she spelled it out when telling me about his favorite game. I figured it would be a good bonding opportunity for us and I think it was. He runs for it, he will catch it in the air, he returns the ball, gives it up, and will even sit and wait for me to throw it again. He did a little looking around out in the pasture, but mostly he stayed focused on the game. I threw the ball in different directions so he would at least see different parts of the pasture while running.

I think I got him good and tired and probably improved his outlook on life now that he knows someone will play b-a-l-l with him. He brought it indoors with him this evening but I took it away when he went into his crate. 













Earlier in the afternoon I did some hiking, first with Della and Maya, and then with Tilly, for a total of 5.5 miles. 













5.5 miles today




1 comment:

Rachel said...

Vyger is a stunning dog.