Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Callie goes home

As I mentioned previously, the folks who had come to meet Callie/Hallie last week decided that they wanted to adopt her. The woman returned today and did just that. I met her at Green Dogs Tuesday afternoon and made the transition. Callie was even more friendly with her today than she had been last week, and she jumped into the back of the woman's car with only a little encouragement from me. 

She's a completely different dog than she was she she first arrived, shell-shocked and shut down, distraught by the disruption in her life. She finally came around and decided that life was still worth living and began to make the most of it. I expect her transition to be easier and faster this time around, although I told the woman not to worry if she doesn't eat in the beginning.

I wish her the best, a long and happy life filled with love.





I didn't have much time to spare today, but I took the rest of our dwindling pack out to the pasture for some sun, grass, and play time. Everyone was sick from the cold rainy weather we had yesterday and the afternoon sun held the cure.






And here's a couple of poor quality videos of Della playing with Tilly. I was mowing the dog yard when I saw them going at it in the pasture. I stood up, shut down the mower, and caught what I could on video. 





The new guy, Vger, wasn't with us out in the pasture. He's not really comfortable around the other dogs yet. We are taking it slow and giving him time and space to adjust. He's bonding with me very nicely already and I'll probably take him out to the pasture by himself for a while tomorrow, and maybe we'll get in a hike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Callie in her new fur-ever home.