Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Artie's adoption

Artie was adopted today. He's got a golden retriever sister, people who will be with him most of the time, a nice fenced backyard with a privacy fence, and family who is involved with rescue work. They were excited to get him and were looking forward to having him. I have no doubt that he'll bond with his new people, and love his new home, and will especially love the higher percentage of attention he'll receive as one of just two dogs vs. one of six around here.

So I should be happier about it than I feel right now. He was a tough one to let go of because he had really bonded to me and I think he genuinely liked being here. Some dogs are easier than others. Artie wasn't particularly "easy," he was an escape artist but he reminded me a lot of Maya in that way, as well as his looks. But he didn't want to roam or explore, he just wanted to be wherever I was. He's a sweet dog and will be very devoted. 

Erika said that I said goodbye to him three times in the course of his departure, which is more than I usually do. I know the dog will be fine, he'll have a good life and be happy in his new home, and it's the best thing for him. I'm wallowing in a bit of sentimentalism right now but there's another foster around the corner that will snap me out of it.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Artie has a long and happy life with his new family.