Thursday, April 21, 2022

Vger's first hike

I took Vger on his first hike today since his arrival a few days ago. He loved it.

He came with a harness that a leash attachment point on the chest as well as the back. I wasn't sure how much he would pull so in an abundance of caution, I used two leashed and used them both. He didn't pull badly, but when he did, the leash attached on the front brought him under control. He really enjoyed the hike and did a lot of stops to sniff but he didn't bother marking very much so it rarely slowed me down. 

The really nice thing happened before we even started out. He hopped right into the back of the van when I asked him to do so. When I picked him up a few days ago he absolutely refused to get in and it was quite a struggle. He hopped right in today, a sign of the trust we've established. This evening when I brought him in from Daneland, I didn't even use a leash. I just opened the gate and he ran right to backdoor of the house.  

We still need to see how he'll be with other dogs. We may cross that bridge tomorrow.














Three miles today



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vger is a very handsome fellow.

Rachel said...

He sure is handsome