Monday, August 26, 2024

Five years ago



Here's a post I wrote five years ago today as Della's puppies began going to their new homes: "Thoughts on the Exodus." At this point all the puppies were spoken for and we had decided to keep Della with us. I have never regretted that decision. 

As I said before, Della is a force of nature and she is still doing amazingly well. She's bounding up the stairs with at least 90% of her full force and enthusiasm. I've been switching between my bed and my desk today because of my back and she has climbed up on the bed whenever I'm in there. I certainly get the feeling that she's trying to take care of me just as I'm trying to do for her. 

Today is National Dog Day. Hug your furry ones, they are the family we chose and need. Even if we don't really deserve them, they always give us their best. 






No comments: