Thursday, August 1, 2024

New home and hope for Lux

The mother of the shar-pei puppies is a small female named Lux. She's exactly what you'd expect from a puppy mill mother who has been kept in a crate her whole life and used for breeding. She's freakishly scared of people, of everything really. She just runs back and forth when she's outside, has no idea what to do with the freedom of the space. I managed to get a collar on her after she arrived but she really hasn't made any progress. Today, however, she got a chance that could begin to turn things around for her. She went to another foster home where the people are better than I am at dealing with shy, scared dogs, and hopefully she will get a new start.

Lux wearing a new collar and harness for the trip to her new home.
We put her in a crate and carried the crate to the car, taking no chances.

She seems happy enough.

Galen, strutting his stuff.

I got a message from Erika this morning asking for a 60 second video.
This is what I sent her. I don't know what it was for.




The flamingo garden was gasping for water this afternoon.
Watering is Bailey's favorite garden activity so she came along.



It was a hot, humid day, and my legs needed a break so I didn't walk today, morning or evening. But I did take Norman, Bailey, Elvis, and Della out to the pasture for about an hour this evening. I did some mowing before it got completely dark. 








The plants perked up after Bailey and I watered this afternoon, and even the flamingos seemed happier.




No comments: