Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Away

Star is doing well, Jeremy is doing well.  That's all I've heard about the dogs that went this past weekend.  I'm heading out of town for a few days, leaving Clay in charge of the remaining 6 fosters and our own 6 dogs. 

Ranger is eating, and eating dog food too.  He will avoid a pill no matter what I hide it in, so I'm just opening the amoxicillin capsules and sprinkling the powder over the meaty food.  He's also eating dry food and biscuits under the good stuff, and he's much more active now, his nose is normal again, etc.  If I wasn't going away right now I'd put him back into the big kennel with the other fosters.

Schatze's limp is gone so her foot must be healing.  She has really taken to the indoor life and is rather barky outside now.  She's still coming in at night. 

New boxer girl is fine but she'd rather have attention than food so I think Ryland may be getting most of her food as well as his.  That's ok for now, she's not underweight. 

The new rottie boy, Bo, has warmed up to me and even to Clay just with a couple of practice feedings before I go.  He's very sweet. 

I went to court yesterday to see the white trash bitch, Jennifer Brooks, in her first appearance since getting arrested yet again.  She showed up with her boyfriend, freshly out of prison.  She admitted that she can not care for the dogs, but said that her boyfriend can.  She had lied when she said she had moved and had a new, clean house for the dogs.  She was still living in that fecal encrusted house where she had been before.  That's fine for her, I hope she dies there, but it's not suitable for a dog and the judge only had to look at the pictures to agree.  The judge ruled that the seizure of the dogs was justified but that's all for right now.  The criminal matter is still pending and will likely be continued because she wants to try to hire another attorney. 

The picture here is Sparky, one that I took a while ago and have been saving. 

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

Glad to hear everyone is in good shape now, hope you have a good trip. Jennifer Brooks' picture should be in the dictionary under White Trash. I feel sorry for the remaining older dogs that may have few adoption prospects.