Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Post-op


My office has turned into a post-op ward this week.  On Tuesday, Star (left) and Ginger (right) got spayed.  They seem fine and already seem to feel much better today.  I kept them crated all morning after a brief pee outing, but gave them a little kennel time this afternoon after the sun came out.  They are back indoors now and have eaten and had their pills. 

I took Jeremy with me to the SPCA in Charlottesville when I went in to pick up the girls after their surgery.  He has an interested applicant and we needed to cat-test him.  The cat really didn't want any part of it, but the dog wanted even less to do with the cat.  Not only was Jeremy not aggressive, he wasn't interested, and was scared of the cat, wanting absolutely nothing to do with him.  Jeremy has been around and must have encountered cats previously in his life.  It was the perfect cat test as far as I'm concerned.  If the cat had run, Jeremy would have ran the other way.  I've been bringing Jeremy indoors at night, but we are full upstairs with surgery patients, so he's going to have to camp out in the shed with Schatze tonight.  She needs to get to a vet to get her foot looked at; she's still limping on it. 


Ryland got neutered today, something we discovered he needed when looking up at him from the bottom of the stairs one day. He was still pretty wobbly when I picked him up in town this evening.  I gave him a little yard time to walk it off but then brought him in to a crate in upstairs ward.  His tail is hanging low and he's not exactly happy, but he's resting and he will feel better tomorrow.

I separated Ranger from Buddy and Koa this morning.  Those two have become great play buddies and were having a great time running in the mud.  Ranger was clean and dry inspite of the heavy rain we had overnight and this morning.  He wanted to play with his ball, but not with the other two boys.  I did some trenching in the kennel to make the water drain away and then put down that new straw.  They were drier if not yet cleaner by this evening.  I closed Ranger into the adjacent kennel by himself and left food for him this morning that he had still not eaten this evening.  His poop was alright though, so I'm not sure what is going on. 

1 comment:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Brent,
I love these photos. I need to catch up with your blog. Thank you for doing so very, very much.
Bonnie