Friday, May 13, 2011

Good news?!

Blogger has been down for about two days so I just posted a couple quick updates on Facebook.  I'm not accustomed to containing my remarks to FB's 340 allowable characters or whatever it is. 

Thursday started out pretty poorly because neither Schatze nor Star would eat their breakfast and I had a headache from hell.  Star had been eating well until the day before, but she had shared the most time in a kennel with Ranger, so I was worried.  She was going to the vet that morning anyway for a heartworm and fecal check, so I had them do an exam and blood draw as well.  Her temp was normal, she seemed fine and she tested negative for heartworms and intestinal worms.  The vet called later and said her blood work was normal but by that time she had eaten anyway so I wasn't so concerned. 

Ranger also seems to be doing better.  I've actually stopped the subcutaneous fluids because he's drinking copious amounts of water on his own and he's actually eating a bit--dog biscuits, some of Zachary's raw food, and some partially dedydrated dog food that comes in a roll, very meaty.  He's actually eating that stuff pretty well, but still won't touch my chicken and rice, or any canned or dry dog food.

But the best news from the vet's call on Thursday afternoon was that the titer tests they did on Ranger did not indicate lepto.  He probably just had his own urinary tract infection or kidney infection, or whatever, but the public health scare was over and there seemed to be no reason to hold the other dogs.  Plans that had changed two days before now changed back again.  Rescue is fluid, you've got to be flexible.  Fortunately, all the potential adopters understood what was happening and were flexible as well.

I'm taking Star to her new home after 5:00 p.m. today and will then head up to Culpeper to meet the folks who are adopting Koa.  I'm back to taking Jeremy and Buddy to a VGSR adoption event in Sterling on Sunday, and will take Schatze and Ryland along as well.  Schatze is still recovering from the spay surgery up in my office, but she's doing better now, is great with the crate routine, and seems fine coming and going through the house around the other dogs, both male and female. 

The other big news yesterday was that the white trash whore, Jennifer Brooks, landed back in jail for violating the terms of the court order that had avoided jail time for her on the abuse/neglect charges related to all the German Shepherds.  She got the three oldest dogs returned but was forbidden to have another unless she petitioned the court for approval, and she was subject to monitoring to make sure the three were being well cared for.  The ACOs went to check on the dogs as they were supposed to do and found the three dogs back living in those same kennels, knee deep in shit, where they had been found before.  Furthermore, there was now a fourth dog, which was prohibited.  I hope they will sieze the dogs from her permanently, put her ass in jail where it belongs, and prohibit her from EVER owning another animal of any kind.  I actually hope that many worse things befall her. 

The picture above is Star at the vet on Thursday when she went in for the heartworm and fecal tests. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I can see you getting frustrated with FB and the limitations on publications. :))

May be Ranger is just a very picky eater on top of what ever infection he had. I am so glad to hear that he is doing better.

It is exciting that Star and Koa are moving to their new homes. Here is hoping that all goes well.

Good luck with the adoption event! I keep my fingers crossed for better weather.

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Yes, I hope Jennifer the hoarder is made to pay dearly for her crimes against the dogs.

BudsBuddy said...

OMG! I can't believe the whorder had another dog already! I just don't understand what goes through peoples' minds. "Nothing" is probably the answer.