Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Damn, that's cute

I finally got Zoe to the vet today.  She was actually current on her shots but I didn't have any paperwork to prove it so she got them again, and a heartworm test, which was negative. 

She's about 2 years old, cute as can be, but very energetic, enthusiastic, and full of kisses.  I guess not everyone loves a boxer's face, it's maybe an aquired taste.  But I've sure come to love the breed. 

Zoe was good with all the vet stuff although getting her to be still enough for an exam was a little difficult.  She weighed about 52 pounds.

Zoe had lived with a cat and we met a cat at the vet's office.  She was very interested but actually backed away when we got close.  She had lived with young children as well, but still, no cats and no kids would be my preferred home for her, with a fenced yard.  She's a good natured dog, very good in fact, but she's too much dog for someone with little kids and no fence. 

Zoe was crated at her former home, at night or when the owners were away.  I haven't been crating her here because she's been outside with the shepherd brothers, Koa and Ranger.  She was fine with them, and with Schatze, and I think she'd be fine with any dog. 

If I could find a great home for her or even a great foster home, I'd love to move her by this weekend so I'll have one less to board next week. 

Odie shared her vet visit, and he was also vaccinated and tested negative for heartworm.  He's quite underweight at 77 pounds but the panacure and a lot of food should sort that out.  I doubt that he'd ever seen the inside of a vet's office.  I didn't get any pics of him today because it was all I could do to hold him for the blood draw, vaccines, and exam.  He wasn't aggressive, but he did struggle to get away until we muzzled him and I did the bear hug on him.  He was glad to be back home. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strategic move, Brent! Don't get your hopes up but when do you leave town?--Meg

Brent said...

We leave next Monday, the 30th. What are you doing now? Is your school out?

Nerdy Knitter said...

SO wish we could have her! I have a friend in NH who has a thing for boxers, but I know she can't take another dog right now. Gosh, she's adorable!