Saturday, May 28, 2011

A picture is worth a thousand words, maybe more

I don't really have a coherent theme for this post nor anything particular to say, but I have several pictures I'll just post with captions.


The shepherd brothers, Ranger and Koa, on top of the 6' high platform in their kennel.

  

Zachary and Molly shared a vet visit on Friday.
Cabell and Gypsy were there earlier in the week.

This was Molly at the vet this week for her annual visit








Star, happy and content in her new home.
This is what I like to see.

A dobie pup named Sassy. 
She may be coming my way when we return.

x


x


Zoe and Bernie meeting this morning. 
Bernie's family is fostering Zoe while I'm away.

This guy was found wandering the Appalachian Trail.
I've offered to take him in when I return, but he may be adopted by then.



























Molly, right, is one of the hoarder shepherds who moved to another foster home and was then adopted. She is settling in nicely. 

Maggie Mae, below, is another hoarder shepherd who moved to another foster home after having surgery to remove a mammary tumor. 

She was recently adopted and the foster shared this email with me from the adopter: 

Just wanted you to know that Maggie has settled in like she has lived here her entire life. I took her to the vet yesterday to get heartworm and flea/tick medication and also a check-up. The vet said she looked very healthy.

She has taken to our sons as well as all of the neighbors!! She likes to go outside and play while we are out there. Thank you so much for helping us fill an empty space in our family. I admire the work you do with these animals. You are truly a special person.




1 comment:

MJ said...

I had a friend who thru- hiked the AT a couple years back. He said there were a few dogs who just lived on the trail often following homeless people who lived on the trail in the shelters meant for hikers. Hikers would write about them in the trail journals. I'm glad this one was picked up and will have a cozy, indoor home! I like that dobie too. A cute lot of pics. --Meg