Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pasture play



Riley is keeping her food down and I think
she's beginning to gain some weight.
At first I was just going to take Vince out for the romp because he drives me crazy when I work unless he gets in a good run.  As we were passing Riley's kennel I decided to bring her along because she seems to be doing better and I knew she needed some play time.  She and Vince were fine, and before long Augie joined us.  I'm not sure how he got out of the dog yard but he did.  At that point I just went over and opened the back gate, letting Lana and the lab join us in the pasture as well.  (The pyr pup didn't eat very well this morning so I have her by herself for observation right now.)

That made five dogs in the pasture.  The three girls (Riley, Lana, and the lab) spent a lot of time running as a pack.  The two boys, Augie and Vince, did their own thing, sometimes with the others, sometimes by themselves. 

She's a good looking lab and a sweet pup.


Riley and Vince

The lab (front) and Riley (rear)




Vince and the lab girl


Riley and the lab were about the same speed.



Riley (left), Lana (rear, in flight), and the lab girl (right)


Augie.  I still don't know how he got out of the dog yard.


The fast girls, lab and Riley






1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

So glad to see Riley running and playing again. I can hardly believe that the beautiful lab was an unclaimed stray. I'm sure someone will be glad to give her a good home soon.