Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pups

She's sweet, rather shy,
doesn't walk on the leash worth a damn.
I was told that the markings are
called "badger." 
I made another trip to Natural Bridge on Sunday to meet my doggie dealer.  She had pyr and a lab for me, both fresh (stinky) from the shelter, both females, and both under a year of age.  Neither have a name so I'm open to suggestions.  I hope that I won't have them long enough for a new name to take hold anyway, but you never know.  Either of them would look good with a red bow on them for christmas. 

There's some disagreement among rescue people about whether to adopt dogs out at christmas.  My feeling is that if someone is determined to get one, it's better to get one from a rescue than a breeder.  Also, it's not a terrible thing to want a new dog for christmas, and typically people are off work at that time.  I'm not opposed to it, but they will have to convince me that they will still be serious about wanting a dog come January.





She looks pretty big here, but she weighs less than the lab.  That's a big ball of fur, mostly.

This little chocolate morsel is such a lab.  She wags everything and will run after a ball, any ball, until she drops.  As if I needed more proof of her labness, she jumped right into the water tank and splashed around.  She's very much a pup still.  Everything goes into her mouth for a test, but she has a very soft mouth, has obviously learned bite inhibition.  Anyone who likes labs would like this girl; there is nothing not to like about her.



































I got them home and prevailed upon Trooper to play babysitter in the dog yard with them for a while.  They were both strays and had been in a shelter for 7-10 days, so they were pretty happy to have a yard to run in and friends to play with.  The lab is very playful and helped bring out the playfullness in the pyr, who was a bit shy at first.  Then I added the boxers, Lana and Augie to the mix.  I think they will make a good play group. 






 





3 comments:

Lynette L said...

the pics are great, they tell the story all by them selves.

Anonymous said...

All together now: AAWWW...
I'm sure that these cuties will have good homes in no time.

Anonymous said...

both puppies look precious!! I'm sure Lana is happy to have more friends to play and run around with!