Saturday, December 1, 2012

Poop scooping

HRH Gigi, lounging on her dog bed
Riley the rottie is doing ok.  I haven't seen any more evidence of vomiting.  I'm feeding her three times a day.  Her poop is firming up some, maybe, at least it's not any worse.  She's a very sweet girl.  She has found a hole in my dog yard fence so I mostly keep her in the big kennel.  It's easier to control what goes into her and watch what comes out that way too.  I did a very temporary fix on the hole in the fence and she remembered the spot, tested it, and got out again.  Fortunately, she's not interested in going anywhere and the other dogs let me know right away.  It's also fortunate that none of the other dogs try to follow her through the hole in the fence.  

Lana's poop seems normal again, although I'm still continuing her and the other boxer, Augie, on the panacure regimen along with Riley.  They are also getting metronidazole twice a day, and a good scoop of canned pumpkin along with their food.

I've been scooping poop several times a day after each group of dogs is in the dog yard.  This morning I had made the rounds and everything looked pretty good.   Gigi had come outside after the boys who had all wanted to get up and go out at 6:30 a.m.  She finally got up about 7:30 and came out and joined me in my final walk around the dog yard pooping zones.  She stopped right in front of me, got into position and pooped, presenting me with a fresh load of poo complete with obvious tape worm segments. 

Apparently more than one of our dogs has tape worms because it was not her poop that I took in the other day.  I called the vet's office and headed to town to get another dose of droncit, this time for Gigi.  Next week I may just ask them to order me a bottle of it and treat everyone, just in case.

No comments: