Saturday, December 15, 2012

Working dogs

Vince isn't actually a lot of help,
but he sticks around really well
while I'm working.
I've had four days off this past week and have undertaken a few projects which all needed to be finished up today as they are predicting rain for Sunday and Monday.

The mud pit
The door to the house that we use most often faces north.  That area gets no direct sun, ever, and it never seems to dry out.  Consequently, the dogs and I all track in a lot of mud.  We've lived here for 10 years and it has always been that way, but I finally decided to do something about it.  I'm building a boardwalk between the back door and the gate to the dog yard.  This week I just did one section, 8' in length and almost as wide.  It covers the biggest and muddiest section right near the back door.  There's still about 30' to go to reach the dog yard, but that section will be narrower and will be relatively quick and easy to build when I get going on it.
 

Vince in the van
Today I also de-funked the van.  I had pulled out the crates in order to haul lumber and straw.  I went to the car wash and pressure washed the rubber mat and the crates, gave it a thorough vacuuming, and wiped down the interior so it even smells good. 

We also started cleaning out one of the sheds, which mostly involved pulling out a lot of stuff that will go to the dump.  Good day, productive day.

Patton watched from the dog yard.


Framing and decking underway




Lady tried it out before it was finished.

First section finished

Lady and Vince

No comments: