Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sunny day dogs


First, an update on Gigi.  I think she's doing ok.  This morning she was still moving very gingerly, and had her back arched more than usual, so I think she was still somewhat uncomfortable.  I fed her a light meal which she ate normally.  She asked to go outside more often than usual today, probably because her guts were still upset but I never actually saw anything come out.  It was a beautiful day and she may have just enjoyed laying in the sun.  When she wasn't out there she was sprawled across the pillows on our bed.  She's such a princess, I think she's apt to milk this for all it's worth.


Daphne (left), Bremo (front), Gigi and Zachary at the door




Daphne's mom came for her this morning, much to their mutual delight.  I'm sure that dog hasn't left her side all day. 













It was a beautiful, sunny day with no wind. I put out a fresh bale of straw, which the dogs always enjoy. It soaks up the sun and is really soft and warm.  The older dogs enjoy it especially.  I expect it feels good on their old bones and joints. 


Bremo would claim all the straw for himself if he could.


Lady, laying in the sun







Lady and Bremo love a sunny day.
That's Cabell in back, trying to avoid having his picture taken.






Daphne went back home today and Toquima arrived to take her place.  I think he's going to fit in nicely around here (he's with us until January 5th).  He met the seniors first and everyone was fine with him.  When the sun started going down about 4:00 p.m., I brought our old guys in and took Trooper and the horse (Patton) out to meet Toquima.  Trooper likes everyone (dogs, that is) and Toquima was more than willing to run and play with Patton, which will relieve Trooper of some of the puppy sitting duty. 

Toquima loves to run and he is fast.  I look forward to taking him out to the pasture with Patton to run full speed.



Trooper, Patton, and Toquima
 

2 comments:

BudsBuddy said...

I always love to see the photos of Daphne. She reminds me so much of one of my late female rotties, "flying nun" ears and all :)

Julie Garrou said...

Judging from your photos, it looks like Patton grows about 30 pounds a day. He'll be a grizzly bear eventually!