Monday, December 17, 2012

The sweet spot

Vince claimed the spot under my desk
as his niche.  It was close to me and none
of the other household dogs used it.
Vince staked out the spot under my desk as his own pretty soon after he came here.  He's as close as possible to me that way, or at least as close as I will allow.  Several others have taken it on as their preferred spot as well.  Patton is the latest to try it out.  That dog simply has no clue how big he is.  It's just occured to me that I have a dog bed that would fit under there.  It's big enough for Vince, not big enough for Patton and that's fine, I don't need to encourage him to occupy that spot. 

If there's a way to get close, Daphne, or any
rottweiler, will find it.


Patton has a nice big comfortable bed in my
office, but he wanted to try out the spot under the
desk too.  He doesn't leave much room for my feet.
Being close gives a sense of security.
Our own dogs don't really need that, but
the fosters and visitors often do.



When Patton lays around the house,
he really lays AROUND the house.
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all these fur babies get as close as possible to you! Patton seems ginaormous compared to the other fellas and girls:-)!

BudsBuddy said...

I always knew a thunderstorm was coming when one of my late dogs would squeeze in under my desk. I guess it's a comforting spot because it is both den-like and close to their person.

jennifer said...

The lab is certainly a cuddler! Sleeps on my head or legs. Constant attention, and total puppy. she eats my hair and chews on my chin and ear! Shes wild, but a good pup!

Risa said...

Happy doggies! Piper doesn't want to get under my desk, until someone else wants to.