Friday, December 14, 2012

Spay day, moving day


Polly was nervous but walked better
on the leash than ever before.
I had to have a name for the paperwork,
so I named her Lilly on the spot.
Everyone around here has been eating and pooping normally for several days now so I went ahead with the spay appointments for Polly and the lab that were scheduled for today.  Well, not quite everyone because Riley still isn't processing food normally, but she's separated from the others, is eating 3-4 times a day, and I'm confident that it's not a case of parasites.  I'm now putting an exzyme on her food and that may be helping. 

Polly the pyr is being spayed today and her adopter is picking her up this afternoon.  That means I'll just have the lab, Lilly, to bring home with me for indoor post-op care.  I have an empty crate in the office ready for her.  Lilly has a temporary foster home to go to prior to her adoption, so I may be able to move her out this weekend or sometime next week as well. 

Patton arrives today, which should liven things up around here in case we were ever to have a dull moment.  I need to move some furniture around to make room for his crate. 





Polly was scared but sweet.





To be a lab is to love everyone without it ever
occuring to you that they may not love you back.

No comments: